While we are on the ground at Restoration Gateway in Uganda, we will be able to receive care packages. It takes about two months for us to receive a package so don’t send anything perishable. Do not send valuable items, in case the package doesn’t make it for some reason. Also when filling out the customs form attached to the package, please be mindful when declaring the value on the package contents, to prevent us from paying unnecessarily high customs duties. These care packages will be an incredible blessing, so we thank you in advance!
- Coppertone Sunscreen (adult and kids, spray is preferred)
- Saline Solution (Bausch + Lomb re’nu multipurpose solution)
- Kirkland Trail Mix
- DVDs (Current, new releases or favorite must sees)
- Kid’s toys or books (coloring, reading, sticker books)
- Kid’s Craft supplies, (glue, markers, crayons, pencils, watercolors)
- Kraft Mac and Cheese
- Bath and Body Works Lotion
- Cliff Bars (Peanut Butter Crunch) and Fiber One Bars (Chocolate Chip)
- Cereal (Cheerios, Miniwheats, Honey Bunch of Oats)
- Brownie mix
- Chips (Sun Chips, Cheetos, Doritos, Snyders Honey Mustard Pretzels)
- Hamburger, Chicken or Tuna Helper
- Pouches of meat (Chicken, beef, and tuna)
- and anything else fun!
How to send us packages:
It is best to use the standard boxes provided by USPS because customs is less likely to open it up and dig through it.
*We have started receiving packages and have some updated pricing info:
- Cheapest (10.25″ x 14.5 Bubble Mailer) Sent international first class, came in under $20. This was under 2 lbs., so if sending lighter smaller things, you can use this method and make sure you send it international first class.
- Mid-Range (Medium Flat Rate Box)
Sent priority using USPS medium flat rate box. These have been coming in at $60.
- Pricier (Large Flat Rate Box)
Sent priority using USPS large flat rate box. These have been coming in around $75.*We have been incredibly blessed by these wonderful packages! Seeing the prices for shipping, we just wanted to make sure people were aware beforehand how much it cost to ship the packages, so you can adjust your packages or included items accordingly. Thanks!!
Our Mailing Address:
Att: Dallas Derksen
PO Box 1
*For: Steve and Bridget Hurry